SustainIT 2017 will feature a work-in-progress (WiP) and demonstration (demo) track providing a forum for researchers and developers from academia, industry, and government to interact and share latest results on the areas of Sustainable Internet and ICT for Sustainability.
The WiP format is intended to facilitate discussion between authors and conference attendees. WiP papers are expected to report on early and emerging results and bring about novel research questions, approaches, and directions. Preliminary results are especially appreciated.
Demos offer the opportunity to present novel ideas and emerging results through hardware and tools, innovative applications, new research prototypes, testbeds, etc. They should explicitly state what will be demonstrated to the audience, and how the attendees will be able to interact, enjoy, and experiment.
- September 21, 2017: October 6, 2017: WiP / Demo / CAI submission
- September 21, 2017: October 28, 2017: WiP / Demo / CAI acceptance notification
- November 10, 2017: camera ready version
- December 6-7, 2017: conference
Deadlines are all at 23:59 AoE (Anywhere on Earth).
Preparing and Submitting
Papers should NOT be anonymised. Authors are expected to add their names and institutional identity in the title and header of the paper.
Formatting and Length
WiP and Demo submissions should contain original material and not be previously published, or currently submitted for consideration elsewhere. Manuscripts must be formatted in accordance with the IEEE Computer Society conference author guidelines. The IEEE LaTeX and Microsoft Word templates for conferences, as well as related information, can be found at the IEEE website.
WiP papers are extended abstracts and must be up to four (4) pages in size, including figures, tables, and references (3 + 1 additional page). An optional poster draft can be provided.
Demos papers are extended abstracts must be up to 2 pages in size (including figures, tables, and references). An optional video of up to 3 minutes length can be provided.
Papers must be submitted electronically in PDF format through Microsoft CMT to the respective track (Work in Progress or Demos). It is possible to make changes as many times as necessary before the final submission deadline of September 21, 2017 October 6, 2017.
Accepted authors will have the chance of presenting their work during a dedicated WiP and demo session that will follow the 1-minute madness presentations. WiP authors will be required to bring a printed poster. Demo authors are expected to bring the necessary equipment to the conference site with them.
Some equipment will be provided by the conference. Poster holders with size A0 (portrait) will be provided by the conference organisers.
The WiP / Demo Chairs and the Local Chairs will investigate infrastructure and equipment possibilities for the accepted demonstrations.
The accepted extended abstracts will appear in the final conference proceedings. Accepted WiP and Demo papers whose authors are not at the conference to present may be removed from the conference proceedings.
WiP and Demos Program Chairs
- Anna Förster, University of Bremen, Bremen, DE
- Vlad Coroama, ETH, Zurich, CH
Program Committee Members
- Asanga Udugama, University of Bremen, Bremen, DE
- Augusto Esteves, Edinburgh Napier University, Edinburgh, UK
- Catia Prandi, Madeira Interactive Technologies Institute, Funchal, PT
- Jean Louis Fenji, University of Ngaoundéré, Ngaoundéré, CM
- Jorge Luis Zapico, Linnaeus University, Växjö, SE
- José Alcalá, Quizit Mobile SL, Madrid, ES
- Kauna Mufeti, University of Namibia, Windhoek, NA
- Koojana Kuladinithim, Technical University of Hamburg-Harburg, Hamburg, DE
- Ole Schultz, Technical University of Denmark, Copenhagen, DK
- Sergio España, Utrecht University, Utrecht, NL
- Ziran Zhang, INRIA, Rocquencourt, FR